Digging projects always carry potential risks, but we can mitigate these dangers by making smart decisions before we even touch the ground. An essential part of hydrovac excavation safety is the usage of 811, the nationally recognized call-before-you-dig hotline. This service, free of charge, connects you to local one-call centers for utility line marking requests, providing a critical safety measure for you and your property.
The Four Pillars of Pre-Dig Hydrovac Excavation Safety
Four fundamental reasons underscore the significance of calling 811 prior to initiating any excavation:
- Safety First: Unknown buried utility lines pose a substantial risk of causing severe injury or property damage if struck. By contacting 811, you can have these lines marked and thereby prevent accidents during excavation.
- Economic Considerations: Any damage to utility lines incurred while digging could result in you being responsible for repair costs, penalties, and other related expenses. Calling 811 is a smart financial move that can save you from unexpected costs.
- Environmental Stewardship: Many utility lines are connected to areas that are environmentally sensitive, like wetlands or streams. Digging without prior knowledge of these lines could potentially lead to long-lasting environmental damage. By using 811, you ensure that these lines are marked and that you can avoid environmentally sensitive areas.
- Legal Obligations: Numerous states have laws mandating that 811 be called before starting any excavation project. Failure to do so can lead to penalties and fines. Therefore, to stay legally compliant, always call 811 before commencing digging.
How Our Hydrovac Excavation Trucks Enhance Safety
As part of our commitment to promoting Hydrovac Excavation Safety, we’re seeing an increase in the usage of hydrovac excavation trucks, a safer and more efficient alternative to manual digging. These trucks utilize a mixture of water and air for excavation, significantly reducing the risks associated with traditional digging tools. Here are several reasons why hydrovac trucks are preferred:
- Speed: Hydrovac trucks can significantly reduce project timelines compared to manual digging, thus decreasing exposure to potential hazards from heavy machinery and risky working conditions.
- Precision: Manual digging is prone to errors, such as incorrect depth or size of the excavation. Hydrovac machinery provides exact control over these factors, minimizing the risk of injuries due to manual adjustments.
- Environmental Safety: Hydrovac machinery helps protect the environment by containing the water and air used for excavation, reducing the likelihood of causing soil erosion or harming wildlife.
- Noise Reduction: Hydrovac trucks operate at significantly lower noise levels compared to manual digging, reducing potential hearing damage and other health issues related to noise pollution.
Employing hydrovac trucks for your excavation needs results in faster, more precise, and environmentally safer operations. Feel free to explore our range of TRUVAC units and contact us today to arrange your free in-person demonstration!